God Connecting Women and Hearts
We are creative people from a creative God who gave us the gift of words. We all use words and have stories inside us. Through the expression of writing, we’ll learn to listen and connect at the heart. It’s about finding our inner author and discovering the light inside us.
In the Gospel of John, it says, “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God.” Through words and Jesus, we are one. Words unite us. Let’s use our words for His glory. In an organic manner and through the unlimited love of God, we will go wherever He leads us.
Writing sessions are currently offered as in-person, drop-in sessions. Please register in order to express interest and receive invitations. But kept last part ….Come to one, come to many, come to a few. It’s your schedule!
- Word Writing Women – Meets the 4th Saturday of each month from 10:30 – Noon. (Anyone who wants extra time can arrive between 10:00 – 10:30 for coffee, light refreshments, and chat.) This group focuses on the craft of creative writing. Participants will go through a series of writing prompts and write “on demand.” Everyone who chooses will have the time to read aloud and receive affirming feedback designed to help each writer grow in confidence and skill each month. This group will be hosted by Elaine Gordon.
- Healing Journeys – Meets the 4th Sunday of each month from 1:00 – 3:00.This group uses components taken from “Theotherapy: The Freedom Journey – a faith-based, Biblical study that looks at identifying our thinking and emotional patterns that hold us back from internal peace, as well as richer relationships, with God, each other and ourselves. Participants will consider “Her” story His way – The Bible uses stories to illustrate, illuminate and educate us. This class is an opportunity to start finding ourselves and the places where Jesus has actively been working in us and through us, and bringing us into greater joy, purpose, and freedom. It can be used as a continuation of, or an introduction to the work of Theotherapy: The Freedom Journey. Meetings will occur in a reserved room at the Brentwood Public Library 8109 Concord Road. This group will be hosted by Cyndi Torres.
NOTE: Groups will not meet in November due to Thanksgiving. Both groups will meet together on Sunday, December 10 to celebrate our writing community and the Christmas season with a holiday luncheon.
Interested in joining a writing group? Sign up below.
How to submit writings:
- Submissions can include any form but must provide a spiritual component and point people closer to God.
- Google documents are preferred but not required. Upload any editable format.
- All work should be double-spaced and in a 12-point font choosing from Times Roman, Ariel, or Courier, if possible.
- Place your name, email, and phone number in the top left corner of the document. Note if you prefer to have material published
- Accepted work includes quotes, poetry, stories, articles, essays, and paragraphs.
- Pieces selected to be placed in the website rotation might undergo slight edits and will not be returned. Nominal editing includes but is not limited to grammatical corrections, verb tense changes, and minor word changes.
- Pieces considered for future publication and requiring additional work will be edited with thoughtful and affirmative support and returned to the writer. Reworked pieces are resubmitted in the same manner as new material.
- Submissions occur at any time. There are no deadlines.
- All submissions are reviewed by a three-person editorial board.