Rules and Guidelines:
- Agree, accept, and teach theology in line with Scripture and the FCC statement of beliefs.
- Never be alone with a person of the opposite sex.
- No excessive texting, phone calls, or social media interaction with persons of the opposite sex.
- At your discretion, some information does not need to be shared with you by persons of the opposite sex. Specifically, any conversation that is sexual in nature should be between people of the same sex.
- Any life threatening or sexual misconduct information needs to be reported to your direct supervisor immediately. Things such as: suicide, rape, abuse, etc. Never promise complete confidentiality.
- When taking children to the bathroom:
- First check to make sure the bathroom is empty.
- Stand outside the bathroom door, do not wait inside.
- If a child needs help inside, another adult must accompany.
- Be prepared and arrive early for all scheduled events.
- Contact your supervisor at least 2 weeks prior to being absent.
FCC Statement of Beliefs
Who God is:
- God is one being in three persons. (Mt. 28:19, Acts 2:38-39, 2 Cor. 13:14)
- God is the source of all creation. (Gen 1:1, Job 41;11, Ps. 50:10-12)
- God is all knowing/powerful/everywhere/eternal. (Ps. 90:1-6, Isa. 40:13-14, 66:1, Rom. 11:33-36, 1 Tim. 6:15-16)
Who Jesus is:
- Jesus is God in flesh. He existed in the beginning with God. (Jn. 1:1, 14)
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived without sin, died for our sin, rose again and is Savior and Lord. (Mt 1:18-20, Lk. 2:11, 52, 23:23-24, 23:53, Heb. 5:8-9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4, Col. 1:15-20)
- Jesus alone makes salvation (Acts 4:12)
- Jesus will return a second time. (Mk. 13:32-37, Acts 1:9-11, Tit. 2:13, Heb. 9:27-28)
Who the Holy Spirit is:
- The HS is the active presence of God in the world, always seeking to glorify Jesus. (Jn. 16:13-15)
- The HS lives inside of those who follow Jesus, and corporately in the Church. (1 cor. 6:19, 3:16-17)
Who People are:
- People are created in the image of God, and are precious in His sight. Sin has separated all humanity from Him. (Isa 53:6, Rom. 3:23, 5:12-21, 6:23, 1 Jn. 1:8)
- Salvation is based on grace, and not merit. (Eph 2:8-9)
- Faith in Jesus calls for repentance and obedience to His will. Baptism, as an act of faith, by immersion, demonstrates our response to God’s gift. (Acts 2:38, 3:19, 8:26-38, Rom. 6:1-4, Gal. 3:26-26, Col. 2:11-12, 1 Pet. 3:21)
What the Bible is:
- The Bible is uniquely and wholly the inspired word of God. (2 Tim 3:14-17, 2 Pet. 1:15-21)
- The Bible is inerrant. Unity in matters of faith, freedom in matters of opinion, and love in everything (Jn. 13:34-35)
What the Church is:
- The global body of Christ and His Bride. (Eph 4:4-6; 5:22-23, Rom 12:4-5, 1 Cor 12:12-30, 1 Tim 3:15)
- Church membership follows this Scriptural profession: Believe and confess Jesus as Lord, repent, be baptized, and grow in Christ. (Acts 16:31, Rom 10:9-10, Mt 4:17 Acts 3:19, Mt 3:13-17, Acts 2:39-41, 2 Cor 10:15, Eph 4:16, 1 Pet 2:2)
Children & Student Ministry
- Liability Release: I, the undersigned, do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless Franklin
Christian Church, its staff and those adults supervising any FCC event, thereof, from any and all liability, claims or
demands for personal injury, sickness or death, as well as property damage and expenses, of any nature whatsoever
which may be incurred by the undersigned and the student participant that occur while said student is participating in
any FCC trip or event.
Furthermore, I (and on behalf of my minor participant) hereby assume all risk of personal injury, sickness, death,
damage and expense as a result of participation in any FCC trip or event involved therein.
- Media/Communication Release: I, the undersigned, grant the right and permission for Franklin Christian Church to
use and publish photographs and video recordings of the above named minor for Franklin Christian Church publicity
only. I further grant Franklin Christian Church permission for the photographs and other medium to be altered;
combined with other photographs or art work; combined with any printed, visual, or audio material; enhanced with
computer or other technology; and used in any medium and multi-media formats now known or hereafter invented
for Franklin Christian Church only. Upon written request from the undersigned, Franklin Christian Church will remove
photographs of the named student. I, and on behalf of the child, waive any right to inspect or approve the finished
product, and release, discharge and agree to hold harmless the photographer and Franklin Christian Church from any
future liability. I further grant permission for Franklin Christian Church and its leaders to contact above named minor
via text message, phone, email and social media.
- Medical Treatment Permission: I authorize an adult, in whose care the minor has been entrusted, to consent to any
emergency medical treatment or care deemed necessary by a licensed medical professional. The undersigned shall be
liable and agree(s) to pay all costs and expenses incurred in connection with such medical and dental services
rendered to the aforementioned student pursuant to the authorization granted above.
- Transportation Permission: The undersigned does hereby give permission for my child to ride in any vehicle
designated by Franklin Christian Church staff or those adults supervising any FCC trip or event. My child and I
understand that SEAT-BELTS SHALL BE WORN AT ALL TIMES during transportation.
Rules (Applies only for 1st-12th grade students.)
All rules and guidelines are zero tolerance. If disobedience occurs parents/guardian may be contacted at the
discretion of an FCC Staff Member. If contacted, parents may be required to arrange for transportation and/or
be responsible for any costs incurred.
Clothes that are too tight, too small or low cut are not allowed. No low rider pants or shorts. Undergarments
should not be showing. Skirts and shorts should reach mid-thigh or longer. No spaghetti strap tops (2 finger
rule). No clothing promoting alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances or profanity is to be worn. When bathing
suits are necessary, one-piece swimming suits for the ladies are required.
- Electronic Devices
Phone, IPod, IPad, laptop and portable DVD players are allowed at FCC sponsored trips and events, but usage
may be restricted or devices confiscated at the discretion of Children/Student Ministry leaders. Such devices will be
returned at the end of the trip or event.
- Substance Abuse
Substance abuse will not be tolerated from students or sponsors. Smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages or
use of any illegal substances is prohibited at all times during a FCC trip or event.
- Public Displays of Affection
Public displays of affection are not permitted at any time during a FCC trip or event. Public displays of
affection include, but are not limited to: sitting or lying on laps; kissing of any kind; inappropriate touching.
No horse playing, wrestling, running in the building or throwing objects. No bullying, threatening, insulting,
harsh words or rudeness towards another student or sponsor. Keep your hands to yourself. Do not take,
move or damage any item that does not belong to you. Profanity and foul talk is prohibited.
Disrespectfulness and back-talk toward adults and sponsors will not be tolerated.
- Travel Guidelines (Events that take place away from the church campus)
Students are required to be at all scheduled events. Students must remain in groups of at least 3 unless
otherwise instructed or accompanied by an adult.
No guys in girl’s rooms or girls in guy’s rooms. Appropriate behavior is required at all times including, but not
limited to: respect of property; theft; disruptive noise; and prank calls. Students must abide by all curfews.
- Use of Personal Vehicles
Any student with a valid driver’s license may drive himself/herself to and from a sponsored event. FCC shall
assume parental consent for the driver and those students arriving at the event with the driver. Students may
NOT arrive at FCC and then drive others (excluding original passengers) to an event without confirmed
consent from the parent/guardian.