Several years ago, God gave the FCC family an opportunity to purchase property to relocate just four-tenths of a mile from our current campus. He also gave us a vision for those 25+ acres. That was a miracle! It was nothing we could manipulate or manufacture on our own. We are NOT relocating just for a new auditorium. No church does! That is a misconception many people possess when building intentions are communicated to their church. Worship space is simply one factor. When considering our vision, we have many needs and spiritual dreams that can be met by this relocation.
- An expansion of ministry to our young families through additional and new secure space for their kids.
- Doubling the space for our Shining Light preschool to further meet the needs of our growing community.
- The increased ability to minister to our community.
- Removal of stairs and two levels that will minister to our senior saints and our ever-growing special needs ministry.
- The list is endless. But the property will always be used to serve the Lord and serve our community. We have a long way to go. Please continue to pray for God’s guidance and direction.
We have received a Letter of Intent from a church in Franklin to purchase our current campus for the agreed upon asking price of $5 million. We wish to remain where we are until our building is complete, and they are very supportive of that. In the future, we will encourage one another through mutual projects and community outreach events. You will hear more about that in the future.
If the Lord keeps us on our current path, our tentative schedule looks like this:
- We are finishing up final blueprints this summer with our architects
- These will be examined and adjusted to meet our budget restraints
- Have a financial plan in place to meet budget building demands
- Start construction 2019
- Building ready for use in 2021
Building plans have been submitted to Williamson County and the State Fire Marshall. Once the approval has been received from both entities, then building permits will be able to be pulled to begin site work.
Lead Minister, David Welsh, receives an email from Erwin Brothers wanting to arrange a meeting so Jon Erwin could talk about buying FCC’s building/property at 4040 Murfreesboro Road.
FCC’s receives a contract from the Erwin Brothers concerning the purchase of our property.
FCC hosts two Q & A sessions for our church family to ask questions concerning the sale of our current building/property. Below are links to FCC’s Relocation Story and FAQ’s that were handed out at the meetings.
Congregational Meeting held on April 7, 2019, that allows the church family to vote on the sale of our current building/property to the Erwin Brothers. The church voted to approve the sale of 4040 Murfreesboro Road by 96%.
We will keep you updated as details change.